Tuesday, January 15, 2013

KNIFE AND AR-15

About 1pm on December 8, 1986 while at work I came face to face with a mentally unstable person with a knife in a drawn right hand.  Being fleet of foot I ran from my office to a place of safety, with my knife wielding would be attacker in hot pursuit a few steps behind, and along with my 25-30 coworkers avoided being killed or body injury.

Had my knife wielding would be attacker entered the building where I worked and confronted me face to face with an AR-15 I would not be writing this letter and perhaps my 25-30 coworkers like the 26 children and teachers at Newtown on December 14, 2012 would have also been killed.

Reasonable people should conclude if the mentally unstable Adam Lanza had entered the Newtown school on December14, 2012 with a knife or any weapon other than an AR-15 to do his killing it is possible all or many of the 26 killed would be alive today.

As a citizen urge your  elected officials to stand up to the NRA and ban civilian ownership of the AR-15 and similar assault weapons which are suitable only for military